Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Monday, April 27, 2009

Makeup Review - Blush comparison

I got a new blush from the drugstore yesterday, so I figure that I should do review on it. I wanted to get a blush with a bit of pearl or shimmer in it, and the new blush seems to be exactly what I am looking for :)

On the left is my old blush, Majolica Majorca PK333. The case is bought separately, it originally just came in a small plastic container. On the right is my new Kate Cheek Color PK-1, which comes with its own mini-brush.


The MJ blush is a bit more orange than the Kate blush, and there are also two different tones in the Kate blush: the lighter part contains higher amount of shimmer than the darker part, but they are the same color.


I tried the blushes on my cheeks together. On your left is the Kate blush, and the right is the MJ blush. Underneath the blush I am wearing a layer of loose powder.


This is the Kate blush with both colors mixed together and applied. It is quite shimmery, without being outright sparkle-town or looking oily. I imagine that it would look much better over proper foundation though, as it seems to highlight my large pores.


This is the MJ blush, which is very natural even with heavier application. This blush would be good for my no-makeup days, and it is quite long-lasting too.

I am quite pleased with the new Kate blush, but of course I will still be using the MJ blush, just at different times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♦♦♦