Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recent Lip Purchases

, I bought quite a number of lip makeup recently, so I figure I should do a review of them. For reference, here are my lips with nothing on them:


First up is Bourjois 4D Lip Gloss in Rose Givre. This lipgloss comes with its own supply of loose glitter so you can wear it by itself for juicy lips, or turn up the sparkle by dabbing the glitter on top.

I was torn between buying this shade and one that is darker, and I now wished I bought the other one cus this doesn't really show up on my lip. However, it will still be perfect for layering over nude lipstick for plump sexy lips, and it is not sticky at all!

The gloss alone:

With the glitter:

Next up is MAC Dazzleglass in "Funtabulous". Lots of you guys dig this lipgloss, and I can totally see why! It is a ubersparkly fuschia-based gloss with blue holographic glitter, and it looks very glamorous indeed.

On my lips:

I also got "Purple Rite" Lipstick from the Style Warrior collection by MAC. It's purple, and it has Zebra stripes, both of which I looove, so how can I not get it! XD

It is not as purple as I thought, and is very wearable without making me look poisoned. The silvery sheen is noticeable but not "I forgot to wipe my lips after eating fries" shiny.
Here I combined the Dazzleglass with the lipstick for ultimate purple-ness:
Overall I am quite pleased with my recent purchases, and boy am I glad I didn't buy something that I can only wear to a dark club without scaring half the people in the room! XDDDD

3 comments:

Camille Santos said...

you have a lovely lips =D even w/o lipstick

KRYSTAL said...

very lovely colors! u have niiice lips!

Whitney & the full effect said...

great combo!!

Post a Comment

♦♦♦