Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Video Tutorial - Metallic Monochrome Makeup (Inspired by Ulzzangs and Chinese Net Idols)

Here is my latest makeup tutorial, inspired by Ulzzangs and Chinese net idols. Ulzzangs (Korean for "best face") are good-looking guys and girls who posts their photos online and gain fame and fans; sometimes they go on to become real celebrities and star in advertisements! Chinese net idols are similar, and they are frequent features of Taiwanese TV shows too. The girls in these two groups are known for their flawless yet soft makeup, which are frequently imitated.

This makeup tutorial is INSPIRED by these two groups of beauties. I do not claim that I am (or will ever be) an Ulzzang or net idol, but I love their makeup and how it can change a relatively plain girl into a stunner. Hope you like it!




Here are some closeups of the eyes. I am wearing Pop. C Dark Blue circle lens.



Have some more picspam :)


3 comments:

Irene said...

Definitely a 'net idol' look - flawless, glowing skin and natural yet pretty makeup. I <3 it! :) The shadows you used are so shimmery and gorgeous in the pics ~ Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

omg, you look like a doll!
so cute!
i adore your eyes <3

dblchin (double chin) said...

hey babe! I love ur japanese gyaru look! is totally AWESOME! LURVES LURVES!!! Keep up the awesomeness~

Post a Comment

♦♦♦