Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Skincare and Makeup Meme

Sorry for no proper post this week, my family's visiting and I am real busy. So...have a meme! :p

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice, once in the morning and once when I shower, usually before bed. I also wash my face right before I put on makeup.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Combination, with dry patches or acne on my chin if I used the wrong products.

-What is your current facial wash?
It's a clear face wash in a green pump bottle by Biore. I love stuff with strong menthol/minty cooling effect.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I do it every other day.

-What brand do you use?
St Ives apricot scrub. I also use the Strawberry Peeling Gel by Laneige every week or so, cus it is fun to use and smell real nice.

-What moisturizer do you use?
Neutrogena's Oil-free Moisture lotion for sensitive skin.

-Do you have freckles?
Not any that I notice. Asians don't get freckles as easily, and I avoid the sun like the plague.

-Do you use eye cream?
Nope. Don't see the need.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes, I have horrible skin with large pores, and tend to get acne quite often.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No. Isn't that stuff really strong and creates a dependence?

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
For everyday use, I have a two-way cake by Lavuscha. For dramatic looks, I use Revlon Colorstay. I also have a scattering of mineral foundation samples that I use occasionally.

-How about concealer?
I have a 5-color concealer palette by Cinema Secrets, but I am still learning to use it properly.

-Do you know your undertone color?
Asian with pink undertone, which basically means that I am neutral-ish.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
LOVE THEM. I collect them, and use them extensively for my dramatic looks. However, for non-special events, I use mascara.

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but it would be a big waste to do so since I only wear makeup on weekends, and not every one of them for that matter.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl, and a red one by Maybelline (Lash Stiletto I think).

-Sephora or MAC?
MAC, usually. I love SaSa and Bonjour in Hong Kong though!

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nah, don't wanna give myself an excuse to spend even more on makeup. :p

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
I have at least 20 brushes in my arsenal, more than half of which are eye brushes of some sort. I use one brush for each color, and have 3 blending brushes. I also have a pack of disposable sponge wedges, and a couple of powder puffs.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I use Urban Decay Primer Potion.

-For the face?
I am using one from Revlon currently, but it was a free gift from buying foundation. I will try the Monostat chafe gel next, cus I heard it is comparable to the Smashbox base.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Neutral earth tones for everyday look, any shade of purple or turquoise for fun. Metallic shades are awesome too.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Both. I usually use the pencil as base, then go over that with liquid for staying power.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never. The trick is to hold the pencil parallel to your face instead of pointing at your eyeball, girls.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I love me some intensive colors, so yes to them.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes, sometimes.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
MAC "Angel" is my go-to lipstick for Gyaru looks, but I usually wear "Blankety" if I feel like looking cool.

-How about lipgloss?
I have this pale pink and shimmery gloss from Majolica Majorca that I love to death, I might buy another one when it is used up.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
I am pale enough that I can use MAC's "Summer Rose" Beauty Powder as blush. It is a violet-y pink which looks very nice with my cooler skin tone.

-Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
Not that I can recall.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
It's good for small stuff like black pencil eyeliner (which for some reason I use up like I eat them as snacks) and nail polish, but I think it is time I invest in a good high-end foundation.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
If I can find one, I will gladly shop in them. I guess SaSa and Bonjour are similar to CCO?

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I thought of it, but I think it will end in either me being pissed off at the teacher, or s/he being pissed at me for ignoring him/her. XD

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Clumsy? ME?

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
The one that I hate the most is using a foundation with a wrong undertone. Sure, you can get away with using one that is a bit too light or too dark, but if you have yellow-based skin but you wear a pink-based foundation, it looks much worse. Other ones are chola eyebrows (looks like they are drawn on with black marker), really colorful eyeshadow that doesn't go with your "look" (eg wearing bright turquoise eyeshadow while dressed very plainly), and generally not matching your makeup to the occasion.


-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I stick to neutrals for "enhancement" makeup, ie makeup that make me look more awake, but I am crazy about color when doing creative stuff.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Dita definitely. She always look flawless.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
A sheer glossy lipstick (that can double as blush!)


-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I do it ALL the time!


-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I look a bit plain, but not scary.


-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Chanel have really good products, even though I don't own a single one. Dior and Guerlain seems to be pretty good too.

-What do you think of makeup?
It's a wonderful toy to play with, and can make plain people look fantastic.


Thank You for 1000+ Youtube Subscribers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

loved your blog... was wondering what eyeliner you use or suggest coz i've been trying to look for a good one that doesn't smug.:)

OSG said...

Dita is flawless, intresting post :)

❤ Piggy ❤ said...

pinksparkle: For liquid, my HG eyeliner is Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner pen (http://sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=103163904003), and I have also heard good things about the Dolly Wink eyeliner pen (http://sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=104328002010), as well as the eyeliner pen from Revlon. For pencil, I just use whatever cheap eyeliner pencil I can get my hands on, since I either smudge the heck out of it or use it as a base for liquid eyeliner anyway.

Post a Comment

♦♦♦