Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Crushed Amethyst" Smoky Look Tutorial

After a looooong string of circle lens reviews, I finally sat down and did a makeup tutorial! :D

Here is a very purple look using my new(-ish) 88 Metal Mania palette from Coastal Scents. I think most of the shades in this palette is more shimmery than metallic, but they are all highly pigmented and fun to play with.

Here are the colored products I used for this look:
- Coastal Scents 88 Color Metal Mania palette
- Coastal Scents 28 Color Neutral palette
- Coastal Scents 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow palette
- MAC Shape and Sculpt palette in "Accentuate/Sculpt"
- MAC lipstick in "Purple Rite"
- Revlon lipstick in "Va Va Violet"


And here are the false lashes I used from Adelle:


Here is a step-by-step breakdown:

1. After prepping the eyelid with a eyeshadow base, apply a dark plum eyeshadow (#1 in the palette photo) on your lid up to your crease.


2. Apply the plum eyeshadow to the outer half of your lower lashline.

3. Add a shimmery plum color (#2) to the outer half of your lid above the crease, up to your browbone.


4. To the middle of your lid add a shimmery violet color (#3), blending into the plum a bit.


5. Apply a shimmery lavender color (#4) to the inner third of the eyelid.


6. Highlight the inner half of your lower lashline and inner corners of your eyes with a silver eyeshadow (#5).


7. Line your upper lashline, as well as your upper and lower waterline, with a soft black eyeliner pencil.

8. Apply one coat of mascara to your curled lashes, and add false lashes.


Here is the finished look for the eyes. I am wearing Geo X-CK105 circle lenses by the way:


I applied a fuchsia eyeshadow (#B) along my cheekbones as blush, highlighted the top of my cheekbones (#H) and shaded under them as well (#S). I applied "Purple Rites" to the outer edge of my lips and "Va Va Violet" to the middle to get a gradient.


I decided to leave my brows alone for a softer look. I think if I do my usual brows I would look kind of evil :p



Purple is my favorite color, and I hope you like this look as much as I do. :)

10 comments:

Ana Kessel said...

Beautiful eyeshadow, It reminds me of gothic lolita with the dark purple and the stained lips.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

this is an awesome super-pigmented purple look! i love it :D

Anonymous said...

i love it ! very pretty.

Unknown said...

love this tutorial ^^

Lorina Heartly said...

Oooh, this is very pretty!

Unknown said...

wow this is dramatic and eye catching! thumbs up!

Sara said...

Beautiful look :) I'm going to give this one a shot and share it in my blog...I'll be sure to link you on my stab at this...Hopefully successful.

♥heidi♥ said...

you look so mysterious!

Unknown said...

are you wearing the xck 105 lens in this tutorial?

Risa said...

This is amazing! Good job with the look!

XOXO
mycharmingvanity.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

♦♦♦