Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Six Demeter Fragrances Review


I just got three new Demeter fragrances in the mail today, so I figure I should do a short review of them along with the other three I already have. For those who haven't heard of the brand, they produce single-note fragrances of a wide range of things, from popular notes like Jasmine and Lavender, to the more niche scents like Tomato and Grass, and even outrageous stuff like Thunderstorm and Paint. Most of these tend to not be long-lasting, but they are really fun to wear by themselves or layered.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the six that I have:

- Honey: Dear god this one smelled funky on me. I have been looking for a cheaper replacement for my limited-edition MAC Afrianimal honey-note perfume, but this one smelled like sweet melting plastic on me. o_O

- Gingerale: This one is a top-30 seller on the website, and I can totally see why. It smells like a fresh bottle of gingerale, complete with the fizzy carbon dioxide smell. Very fun and great for summer.

- Incense: An amber-heavy scent that doesn't exactly smell like incense. Not bad-smelling, just kind of bland and not really smoky enough for my taste.

- Patchouli: Exactly what it says on the tube. I compared it to a sample of essential oil and they smell the same, except maybe this spray is a bit more "airy".

- Holy Smoke: Now THIS is what I think of when I imagine an incense note perfume. It has a good smoky smell, with a bit of medicinal note that I quite like. It seems to last the longest on me too.

- Holy Water: A very light watery floral, a bit of jasmine and lily I think. According to my mom it smells very sophisticated-woman-ish.

The spray bottles above are Demeter's purse-spray size (0.5oz), the fragrances also come in 1oz and 4oz sizes, as well as bath and lotion products for the more popular scents. I think they are a really fun way to make your own signature scents, and some of the weirder scents might surprise you!

1 comment:

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Oohh~~. o: The 'holy' scents are the most interesting to me. I have, like, a mild obsession with incense (used to leave a few sticks in each of my bags, hoping the scent would stay~), so I might pick up the Holy Smoke one to see what it's all about.

Overall, though, the idea of a one-note fragrance is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this review~!

Post a Comment

♦♦♦